- Centering prayer— Pray for illumination, “Lord, open my heart and mind by the power of the Holy Spirit,” and remain in silence.
- Read slowly, keeping any words or phrase that come to your mind, and mark on them.
- Close eyes and meditate on what you read.
- Take a note if you have question, inspiration.
Read Zechariah 6
The last vision, eighth, is four chariots. Four horses symbolize God’s judgement against the enemies of Israel, and her victory over them.
The crowning of Joshua (v.11) symbolizes two—the unity of royal and priest through Joshua and the coming of messiah who will reign the kingdom. Originally the crowing probability directed the crowing of Zerubbabel as messianic king, but it was revised to refer to Joshua.
“Branch,” (v.12) is a messianic designation. The new age will see the return of the exiles and complete the temple.
Through this vision, God reveals the completion of the temple and the completion of the coming Kingdom of God, which Jesus fulfilled in his teaching, “Repent, the Kingdom of God is near.” (Matthew 4:17). The Kingdom of God is wherever God reigns.
1. What does this passage tell you about God?
2. What does this passage tell you about people.?
3. What does this passage tell you about yourself and God’s will for you?