- Centering prayer— Pray for illumination, “Lord, open my heart and mind by the power of the Holy Spirit,” and remain in silence.
- Read slowly, keeping any words or phrase that come to your mind, and mark on them.
- Close eyes and meditate on what you read.
- Take a note if you have question, inspiration.
Read Zechariah 10
The Lord will care for Judah.
This chapter details of messianic rule, how God will care of God’s people.
God will punish false shepherd, leaders, and God will take care of sheep. This is an analogy of messianic rule. God will gather the scattered people of Judah, demolishing the enemies. The messiah will establish a kingdom in which justice and peace will running like a river. Both “The cornerstone and tent peg” (v.4) are metaphor for the new king, who will come from Judah, the house of David.
This messianic vision explains that the Lord alone controls history and will gather in his redeemed. Both Israel and Judah will be saved and be restored, and this vision extended to all and will be completed when Jesus the Messiah comes.
1. What does this passage tell you about God?
2. What does this passage tell you about people.?
3. What does this passage tell you about yourself and God’s will for you?