- Centering prayer— Pray for illumination, “Lord, open my heart and mind by the power of the Holy Spirit,” and remain in silence.
- Read slowly, keeping any words or phrase that come to your mind, and mark on them.
- Close eyes and meditate on what you read.
- Take a note if you have question, inspiration.
Read Malachi 2
Admonition for the priests and Judah.
Priests are called to lead people to God. But the priests during post- exile time not only neglected their religious responsibility but also caused evil and sin among themselves. Their corruption eventually brought in the corruption of the people in Judah.
For their behaviors and attitudes, the priests were threatened with the loss of their profession—God will take away their ability to issue blessings and curses, and suffer both the indignity and the ritual impurity. They will be cast away from the presence of God.
Corruption among Judean men was divorcing their wives in order to marry foreign women during post-exilic community. The daughter of a foreign god refers to a recently married foreign woman and the wife of your youth refers to the man’s original Judean wife. Doing evil wearied the Lord.
1. What does this passage tell you about God?
2. What does this passage tell you about people.?
3. What does this passage tell you about yourself and God’s will for you?