- Centering prayer— Pray for illumination, “Lord, open my heart and mind by the power of the Holy Spirit,” and remain in silence.
- Read slowly, keeping any words or phrase that come to your mind, and mark on them.
- Close eyes and meditate on what you read.
- Take a note if you have question, inspiration.
Read Joshua 1
The Lord commanded Joshua continuity of leadership.
Bible reading for Healing Stream for 2021 is reading History in the Old Testament of the Bible, beginning Joshua to Esther. When we read histories and historical narratives, we read it rapidly so that we can grasp the story.
After Moses died, Joshua became a new leader to lead the people of Israel to enter into the promised land. God commanded him, “not to be afraid, not to be discouraged, not to be terrified, but to be strong and courageous, to obey the law.” How could he be?
It is God who give the land to them (v.2-3)
The source of our strength is God’s presence, promise, power, provision.
We are called not to depart from the Word of God, but to obey. And we are going to see what God is doing in and through us.
1. What does this passage tell you about God?
2. What does this passage tell you about people.?
3. What does this passage tell you about yourself and God’s will for you?