- Centering prayer— Pray for illumination, “Lord, open my heart and mind by the power of the Holy Spirit,” and remain in silence.
- Read slowly, keeping any words or phrase that come to your mind, and mark on them.
- Close eyes and meditate on what you read.
- Take a note if you have question, inspiration.
Read Joshua 2
Rahab and the spies.
When Israelite stayed at Shittim, east of Jordan, Joshua sent two men to spy out the land west of Jordan, especially, the city of Jericho. Jericho was the gateway to western Palestine.
The two spies stayed Rahab’s, a prostitute, who was accustomed to visits from strange men, so that they would be less suspicious.
Why does Rahab hide the two spies in her house, and protect them from the hand of pursuers? She has known how God delivered the Israelites from Egypt. And she confessed her faith in God (v.11). The two spies promised safety when the city of Jericho is taken by Israelites. Rahab became an ancestor of King David and eventually Jesus Christ. (Matthew 1:5, 16)
Two spies’ report to Joshua is faith based, “The Lord has surely given the whole and into our hands.” (v.24)
1. What does this passage tell you about God?
2. What does this passage tell you about people.? 3. What does this passage tell you about yourself and God’s will for y