- Centering prayer— Pray for illumination, “Lord, open my heart and mind by the power of the Holy Spirit,” and remain in silence.
- Read slowly, keeping any words or phrase that come to your mind, and mark on them.
- Close eyes and meditate on what you read.
- Take a note if you have question, inspiration.
Read Joshua 12
Summary of the land the Israelite conquest.
Chapter 12 makes a list of each kings that Joshua and the Israelites conquered. The list shows two main territories, the East and the West of Jordan rivers.
Moses exploited in Transjordan before he died, and it was distributed to the tribe of Reuben, Gad, and to the half tribe of Manasseh. This story is recorded in Number 21:21-35, 32:1-42
Joshua and the Israelites conquered the land, west of Jordan river. (7-24). Many of these names were not mentioned previously. Each king (vv9-24) were merely the chief of local tribes.
The purpose of writing the summary of the land and its king is to emphasize God’s glorious blessing in giving the land to the Israelites when they continue in obedience to the promise God made for their ancestors. And also the summary set the preparation for the division of the land among the tribes of Israelites.
1. What does this passage tell you about God?
2. What does this passage tell you about people.?
3. What does this passage tell you about yourself and God’s will for you?