- Centering prayer— Pray for illumination, “Lord, open my heart and mind by the power of the Holy Spirit,” and remain in silence.
- Read slowly, keeping any words or phrase that come to your mind, and mark on them.
- Close eyes and meditate on what you read.
- Take a note if you have question, inspiration.
Read Joshua 14
Division of the land west of the Jordan.
Chapter 14 describes the allotment of land in western side of Jordan to nine tribes and a half of Manasseh.
The land was allotted by the way God commanded Moses— assigned by lot. Casting a lot has been practiced in the Old Testament time to follow the will of God (Leviticus 16:8). “The lot is cast into the lap, but its every decision is from the Lord.” (Proverbs 16:33)
Hebron assigned to Caleb as the reward which Moses had promised him (Number 14:24), for his faithfulness and receives Hebron as a permanent possession. Caleb was one of two spies to explored the land who reported to Moses that God gave them the land (Numbers 14:6-9)
1. What does this passage tell you about God?
2. What does this passage tell you about people.?
3. What does this passage tell you about yourself and God’s will for you?