- Centering prayer— Pray for illumination, “Lord, open my heart and mind by the power of the Holy Spirit,” and remain in silence.
- Read slowly, keeping any words or phrase that come to your mind, and mark on them.
- Close eyes and meditate on what you read.
- Take a note if you have question, inspiration.
Read Joshua 17
The territory assigned to the Joseph tribes.
The tribes of Manasseh was a descendant of Joseph. A half of tribe of Manasseh asked Moses to give the territory of east of Jordan (Joshua 13:29), and another half of the tribe was allotted the land west of Jordan.
Chapter 17 describes how each family of the tribe of Manasseh was allotted their land.The family of Zelophehad had no son but had five daughters, asked Joshua to give them the land by Moses’ command. And they were given the land.
Two tribes, Ephraim and Manasseh were allotted only one allotment and one portion. They complained it to Joshua, and Joshua commanded them to get their own land where Canaanites with iron chariots.
This map explains each tribe’s allotment.
1. What does this passage tell you about God?
2. What does this passage tell you about people.?
3. What does this passage tell you about yourself and God’s will for you?