- Centering prayer— Pray for illumination, “Lord, open my heart and mind by the power of the Holy Spirit,” and remain in silence.
- Read slowly, keeping any words or phrase that come to your mind, and mark on them.
- Close eyes and meditate on what you read.
- Take a note if you have question, inspiration.
Read Joshua 19
Division of the rest of the land.
When six remaining tribes received the land, the distribution of the land was completed to all tribes of Israel but the tribe of Levites. Each tribe, clan by clan, got the land by lot.
When they finished dividing the land into its allotted portion, the Israelite gave Joshua inheritance among them.
The distribution of the land was done by lot led by selected leaders of the Israelites, Eleazar the priest, Joshua, and the heads of the tribal clans. Casting a lot was their way to express their faith in God.
This map explains each tribe’s allotment.
1. What does this passage tell you about God?
2. What does this passage tell you about people.?
3. What does this passage tell you about yourself and God’s will for you?