- Centering prayer— Pray for illumination, “Lord, open my heart and mind by the power of the Holy Spirit,” and remain in silence.
- Read slowly, keeping any words or phrase that come to your mind, and mark on them.
- Close eyes and meditate on what you read.
- Take a note if you have question, inspiration.
Read Joshua 21
Towns for the Levites.
Why does the Levites not receive the land as inheritance? God commanded that the Levites work for God among Israelites in the Tabernacle, claiming God as their inheritance, and they were not inherited any land.
Instead the tribe of Levites are allotted towns by other tribes of Israel. Total 48 towns allotted from twelve tribes of Israelites were given to the Levites by clan by clam, spreading around the territory so that they could serve all Israelites. The commandments of Levitical allotment are found in Numbers 35:1-8.
The distribution of the land to the Israelites, as God promised, has been completed. The writer of the book of Joshua confessed, “The Lord gave Israel all the land he had sworn to give their forefathers, and they took possession of it and settled there,” (v.43), “Not one of all the Lord’s good promises to the house of Israel failed; everyone was fulfilled.” (v.45)
It was a proclamation that “exodus is completed.”
1. What does this passage tell you about God?
2. What does this passage tell you about people.?
3. What does this passage tell you about yourself and God’s will for you?