- Centering prayer— Pray for illumination, “Lord, open my heart and mind by the power of the Holy Spirit,” and remain in silence.
- Read slowly, keeping any words or phrase that come to your mind, and mark on them.
- Close eyes and meditate on what you read.
- Take a note if you have question, inspiration.
Read 1 Samuel 6
The Ark returned to Israel.
While the ark of God stayed in Philistine, the people were in fear of the mighty power of God, attributing the plague to the presence of the ark. And they made arrangement to return it to its former owner, Israel, along with sacrificial offering and guilt offering to God, with five golden tumors and five golden mice which represented the plagues they suffered from while they kept the ark of God in their land.
The Philistines might have been correct in connecting the disease with these rats. It is interesting that the Philistine remembered the Exodus story of Israel, plagues the God sent to Egypt.
A plague at Beth Shemesh, the nearest Israelite town to Ekron, is an example how they should treat the ark of God. It is the holy of holy ark of God and treating the ark unholy way bring God’s wrath.
Kiriath Jearim was the town in Israel, where the ark of God finally arrived. So the journey of the ark of God.
1. What does this passage tell you about God?
2. What does this passage tell you about people.?
3. What does this passage tell you about yourself and God’s will for you?