- Centering prayer— Pray for illumination, “Lord, open my heart and mind by the power of the Holy Spirit,” and remain in silence.
- Read slowly, keeping any words or phrase that come to your mind, and mark on them.
- Close eyes and meditate on what you read.
- Take a note if you have question, inspiration.
Read 1 Samuel 16
The fall and rise of kingship.
The fall of kingship of Saul began when God asked Samuel to anoint another king. God sent him to Jesse family in Jerusalem.
The way who to pick to anoint king is different. Samuel looks at the outward appearance but the Lord looks at the heart.
Passing by all sons of Jesse in presence, Samuel finally called for the youngest son David, ruddy with a fine appearance and handsome features. Samuel anointed David, and from that day the Spirit of the Lord came upon David in power.
When the Spirit of the Lord departed from king Saul, an evil spirit from the Lord tormented him. Newly anointed David was brought in to Saul to play music for him. David was a royal music therapist (v.23).
God worked mysteriously by bringing in David to the king’s palace.
1. What does this passage tell you about God?
2. What does this passage tell you about people.?
3. What does this passage tell you about yourself and God’s will for you?