- Centering prayer— Pray for illumination, “Lord, open my heart and mind by the power of the Holy Spirit,” and remain in silence.
- Read slowly, keeping any words or phrase that come to your mind, and mark on them.
- Close eyes and meditate on what you read.
- Take a note if you have question, inspiration.
Read Judge 18
Danites settle in Laish.
Chapter 18 begins with this statement, “In those days Israel had no king.” (18:1), following by telling another episode of the sin among Israelites.
Danites, even though received the land assigned by Joshua, were not satisfied themselves, still unsettled with neighboring Canaanites, and they were seeking the land for settlement. While six of them explored the land they found Micah’s house, ephod, and priest.
They stole ephod and idols, and took the priest of Micah’s house. And they attacked a peaceful people on northern place, and settled there. Their sin was to take ephod, idols, and personal priest for their own security. Their idolatry continued all the time when the house of God was built in Shiloh.
It was another feature of life when there was no king in Israel and everyone did as he saw fit.
1. What does this passage tell you about God?
2. What does this passage tell you about people.?
3. What does this passage tell you about yourself and God’s will for you?