- Centering prayer— Pray for illumination, “Lord, open my heart and mind by the power of the Holy Spirit,” and remain in silence.
- Read slowly, keeping any words or phrase that come to your mind, and mark on them.
- Close eyes and meditate on what you read.
- Take a note if you have question, inspiration.
Read 1 Samuel 29
The Philistine reject David.
While David was living in the land of Philistine, fleeing from the hand of King Saul who has pursued him to kill, the Philistine gathered all their forces to attack Israel. David was in an awkward situation that he had to help Achish, one of tribe leaders of the Philistine, to fight against Israel.
The Philistine remembered the battle that David killed their giant man Goliath and how the Israelites praised him for it (v.5). In fear of him, they asked David to leave from them.
God saved David from this awkward situation. He was sent home from the battle in which Saul would die later, (1 Samuel 30:6). By God’s provision, David later became a new king of Israel.
1. What does this passage tell you about God?
2. What does this passage tell you about people.?
3. What does this passage tell you about yourself and God’s will for you?