- Centering prayer— Pray for illumination, “Lord, open my heart and mind by the power of the Holy Spirit,” and remain in silence.
- Read slowly, keeping any words or phrase that come to your mind, and mark on them.
- Close eyes and meditate on what you read.
- Take a note if you have question, inspiration.
Read 2 Samuel 3
Chapter four describes integrity that David showed toward King Saul’s family.
For the third time David benefits from the violent death of a member of Saul’s family.
Ish-Besheth, son of King Saul, was murdered by Recab and Baanah. They brought his body part to David, calling him enemy to David.
But David called these two men wicked who killed innocent man. David ordered to kill these two men. (v9-12).
The historian records about David’s integrity that he is in fear of God, and do not harm those whom God anointed (King Saul), and who are innocent.
1. What does this passage tell you about God?
2. What does this passage tell you about people.? 3. What does this passage tell you about yourself and God’s will for you?