- Centering prayer— Pray for illumination, “Lord, open my heart and mind by the power of the Holy Spirit,” and remain in silence.
- Read slowly, keeping any words or phrase that come to your mind, and mark on them.
- Close eyes and meditate on what you read.
- Take a note if you have question, inspiration.
Read 2 Samuel 17
Two seers against each other.
Chapter 17 describes a story of two seers one for Absalom the other for King David.
Ahithophel was the famous seer in Israel who sided with Absalom. Absalom’s revolt against his father King David made some success at the beginning by the counsel of Absalom. When he found his advice was not accepted, he killed himself.
Hushai was King David’s seer but later, he pretended himself to be sided with Absalom. His advice eventually frustrated the plan of Ahithobel, which helped King David escape from the hand of Absalom, crossing Jordan river.
Amasa was a cousin of Joab and both of them were nephews of King David and cousins of Absalom.
Confrontation between King David and his son Absalom was coming here by each side camped against each other. Who would win?
1. What does this passage tell you about God?
2.What does this passage tell you about people.?
3. What does this passage tell you about yourself and God’s will for you?