- Centering prayer— Pray for illumination, “Lord, open my heart and mind by the power of the Holy Spirit,” and remain in silence.
- Read slowly, keeping any words or phrase that come to your mind, and mark on them.
- Close eyes and meditate on what you read.
- Take a note if you have question, inspiration.
Read 2 Samuel 22
David’s song of praise.
Chapter 22 is King David’s recollection of the past and his song of praise to God for God’s salvation. This song is nearly identical to Psalm 18, which sings to the Lord the words of this when the Lord delivered him from the hand of Saul.
This song evaluates King David’s life with God, crediting the Lord with all of his victories. (2 Samuel 5:10, 12; 7:1-29, 8:6, 17:14). The date of this song is believed to be when King David defeated hi enemies and before he committed adultery with Basheba.
In this song, David ascribes to God for abundance of Israel, and he assures that God continue to deliver Israel from the hand of future enemy, as he obeys God. “He, You,” is the pronoun pointing to God, God’s power, and “I “pointing to himself, his obedience to God.
1. What does this passage tell you about God?
2.What does this passage tell you about people.?
3. What does this passage tell you about yourself and God’s will for you?